om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Re: midi control of effects

From: Marc-Olivier Barre
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Re: midi control of effects
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:30:04 +0200

Thanks for the quick response, Dave. I like your idea - I would
describe this new node as a toggle switch: on the left of the node
one audio in and one MIDI in, on the right side of the node two audio
outs.  Only one audio out would be active at any given time, and if
the node receives the specified MIDI message, it toggles between the
outs.  To get my desired result I could use this "theoretical node"
as follows: one audio out could route directly into the master PCM
out (pass-through) and the other could route through an effects patch
and finally end up at the same PCM master out.  Sending a MIDI
message would simply toggle these routes (effect applied/no effect
applied).

I hope such a node wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate into Om,
because it would make Om a whole lot more useful for me (and some
others, I assume).

Agreed, a midi controled effect switch could be very interesting especially for live sessions. Linux performance in realtime is something very interesting for live music, but there certainly is a lack of tools to easily control those software machines while playing an instrument.
--
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Kinoko en Orbite.