monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:08:02 +0200

Francis Russell writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
>> I retrieved your GPG key from pgp.surfnet.nl and noticed your key has no
>> signatures on it.  However, I also see elsewhere[1] that your key has
>> the signature of David McBride <address@hidden>, who is in the Web of
>> Trust[2].  So, I think I can trust that the signature belongs to you.
>> However it would be nice if you could upload your signed GPG key some
>> time in the future.
>
> Strange. Running 'gpg --keyserver pgp.surfnet.nl --recv-keys ADC2828F'
> followed by 'gpg --list-sigs' on a fresh gpg config showed all the
> signatures to be present for me (although the user-ids missing for the
> signers).

That must be because you already had your own key in your local keyring :)

>> I also pushed all the branches org.debian.monotone.* to the Ada-France
>> database.  From now on you can commit to the branch org.debian.monotone
>> to help with packaging monotone itself.  Please ping me after pushing to
>> the Ada-France database so I know I have to review your changes, compile
>> and upload to Debian.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
>
> Thanks, although I think you got the org.debian.monotone.* branches but
> not org.debian.monotone itself which seems to be where all the work is
> being done. I can always push that one myself, but I thought I'd let you
> do it.

OK, that was an oversight on my part; pushed now.

> Is it convention to just keep appending to the latest UNRELEASED
> changelog entry then update it to unstable on release? That seems the
> most sensible thing but I notice an UNRELEASED for 0.44-1 which I
> assumed would never happen.

Yes, that's what we usually do.  In addition, we tag the revisions that
we upload.  0.44-1 was never uploaded indeed, we went straight to
0.44-2.  I don't remember why exactly.  We also skipped 0.46 entirely.
The problem with the lack of maintenance work going into monotone is not
new.

--
Ludovic Brenta.