monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:24:57 +0200

Francis Russell writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
>> It should have been fixed in 0.47-1 but, since it was not, the only way
>> to close the bug is by email and *not* by rewriting history (i.e. the
>> changelog).
>
> I'm happy to close these myself, just I read this typically should only
> be done by the original reporter or a Debian maintainer.
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Better read that as "the maintainer of the package", i.e. Richard and you.

> I was wondering if the version the bug was fixed in is used for any
> more more than bookkeeping? In particular, the bugs should be marked
> fixed in 0.47-1 and not 0.47-2 as well?

By default, if you specify "the version" in which a bug was fixed, the
BTS assumes that the bug remains fixed in all subsequent versions.  So
if you say the bug is fixed in 0.47-1 then it is considered fixed in
0.47-2 as well.

I think you should keep #566060 open until such time as you apply the
patch or package the next version of monotone.

--
Ludovic Brenta.