monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone in Debian
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 01:22:36 +0100

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> I retrieved your GPG key from pgp.surfnet.nl and noticed your key has no
> signatures on it.  However, I also see elsewhere[1] that your key has
> the signature of David McBride <address@hidden>, who is in the Web of
> Trust[2].  So, I think I can trust that the signature belongs to you.
> However it would be nice if you could upload your signed GPG key some
> time in the future.

Strange. Running 'gpg --keyserver pgp.surfnet.nl --recv-keys ADC2828F'
followed by 'gpg --list-sigs' on a fresh gpg config showed all the
signatures to be present for me (although the user-ids missing for the
signers).

> I also pushed all the branches org.debian.monotone.* to the Ada-France
> database.  From now on you can commit to the branch org.debian.monotone
> to help with packaging monotone itself.  Please ping me after pushing to
> the Ada-France database so I know I have to review your changes, compile
> and upload to Debian.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks, although I think you got the org.debian.monotone.* branches but
not org.debian.monotone itself which seems to be where all the work is
being done. I can always push that one myself, but I thought I'd let you
do it.

Is it convention to just keep appending to the latest UNRELEASED
changelog entry then update it to unstable on release? That seems the
most sensible thing but I notice an UNRELEASED for 0.44-1 which I
assumed would never happen.

Francis