[Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:50:31 +0100

Hi!

Now that development has started again it's time to send some wishes and seen
bugs.

Additionally to the bugs Nick has sent here, these are the things I think are
buggy or could be improved in the GUI:

1.) I can't see the priorities in the download list (the column is empty)
2.) Can't set priorities to other than high/normal/low
3.) When started from console the second line that appears there is
    "You can download files up to 2GB" which should be 4GB now the latest
patch is applied.
4.) When using 'save file as' on a line in the download list the current name
should be filled in so that it is more easy to modify/correct a filename.
5.) The ETA should also give an average ETA to be more reliable. Means simply
calculate an average download rate by age of download and downloaded bytes
and make a prediction when the file is ready. This is more reliable than ETA
for the current download rate (which is zero most the time :-(( ). I would
suggest a /-separated format: ETA(current)/ETA(average)
Where the ETA(current) should be a '-' if the download stalls.

BTW: What's the A for? "Estemated time for completion" is ETC...

And there is still one thing I'm really missing in the telnet interface: I
can't neither set filenames with german umlauts nor send search requests for
files with german umlauts. Because my mldonkey is mainly script-controlled
this is a really bad thing for me. I'm pretty sure this is also a problem for
people in other countries like France, isn't is?

The MLNet still says:

The current stable version is 2.5-3

I think, that's enough by now...

Andre