Re: [Mldonkey-users] ET_COMPATIBLECLIENT

From: Ken Bradshaw
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] ET_COMPATIBLECLIENT
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:57:46 +0100

Roland Arendes wrote:
 As a fact, mldonkey should
_not_ favor mldonkey-clients in uploading (I don't know if it actually
still does).

I really agrees with you. mldonkey really made a major mistake (sin?) in discriminating against other clients based on their nature rather than their behavior. Fabrice should do a clear public statement that mldonkey do not discriminate (or let users configure mldonkey to discriminate) against other clients based on what they are (client implementation, friends) rather on how they behave (retries, uploads...).

Lugdunum publishes in advance his planned modifications to the protocol to cooperating developers. I cannot see how some people on this list can blame him for mistakes from the mldonkey community. And for me, as long as current mldonkey devs do not clarify the above points, I perfectly understands why mldonkey can be perceived (wrongly) as a cheating client.