Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet Support

From: klaus imgrund
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet Support
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:36:53 -0200

On Monday 20 October 2003 13:36, Ken Bradshaw wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 October 2003 15:39, klaus imgrund wrote:
> >>is there any chance we'll see working overnet support one day in mldonkey.
>
> Is it needed?
>
> isnt overnet doomed now that eMule is about to offer the same kind of
> (but different) no-servers network?
> Moreover, I will be much easier to implement the open-source emule one
> than the proprietary overnet one...

Well I am sick and tired of anything that comes out of emule.
Why?Because with all those mods flying around it's just not worth the effort.
I don't expect their overnet to be better in that respect and hope it doesn't
connect to the regular overnet and trashes it like the edonkey network.
Actually I am starting to think that p2p software and GPL don't mix.At least
the parts that regulates the network behaviour of a client shouldn't be open
source.

Klaus

--
"Not in public!" yelped the ear licking waitress as the thrashing paraplegic
pothead hammered her creamy lungs and squeezed his swinish plunger into her