Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet Support

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet Support
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:46:10 +0200

Hi!

It seems that experiences with overnet support in MLdonkey are very different.
Unfortunately, mine are not very good. Most of the time overnet download and
upload is zero. Sometimes MLdonkey even forgets the known overnet peers which
results in the minimum number of 512 known peers but I don't know why he
knows them. Are they loaded from somewhere?
Currently he knows 514!
And of course I'm using 2.5-4 for one week now.
But sometimes (very rarely) he sees over 8000 peers and also gets source hits
but by now I haven't seen any search results from overnet peers.
The good thing on my system is that I do not have any problems with too much
used memory or too much CPU load. My quere now has nearly 1500 files with 50
max_concurent_downloads and MLdonkey uses 100MByte of RAM and 5% of CPU.
Probably some people simply have too less RAM so that the system begins to
swap which also eats a lot of CPU load.

Andre