[Mldonkey-users] Idea: limiting the port rnage mldonkey uses

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Idea: limiting the port rnage mldonkey uses
Date: 20 Feb 2003 03:00:24 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to find a optimal way to account traffic for mldonkey and
to shape it.

My best general solution is to restrict mldonkey so a certain port
range and keep everyone else out of that range. Currently I'm doing
that with iptables SNAT/DNAT but I think I'm confusing some clients
with that. I also can't seperate donkey and overnet traffic reliable.

It would be good if one could give mldonkey two port ranges to be used
for donkey and overnet connects, say 3000-3999 for overnet and
4000-4999 for donkey. This would allow reliable traffic accounting
with a simple iptables rule, allow a smaller window in the
firewall/port forwarding and easier shaping on routers.

MfG
        Goswin