Re: [Mldonkey-users] Requests : change "nu" command | change assigned sl

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Requests : change "nu" command | change assigned slot | other
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:30:20 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> 1. remove "nu" command (disable upload during <m> minutes (multiple of 5) )
> this function stops mldonkey upload, to make some other things that are
> bandwith-intensive.
> but to be fair, the download should be stopped too.

Or replace it by a new "sleep <m>" command. This would (as someone
suggested some time ago on the list) make mldonkey run in "hibernation"
mode for <m> minutes: no upload, no download, no source checking,... Only
stay connected to the servers.

This would definitely help people who want to use their full bandwith
during some time, without having to stop mldonkey.

Pausing all downloads helps a bit, but if you're upload stream is still
saturated (or intensively used) you'll still feel it's slow.

For example, I'd like to play online games from time to time, but the only
way I can do it is by stopping mldonkey, otherwise the ping times are very
high and the online gaming is very difficult (and not enjoyable at all ;)

> 3. make html_mods as the default.(also commands_frame_height=80 ) ( please
> check/vote on poll at
> http://mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=793&sid=
> 0e209b4e2f757401db9241faec35c196 )

I voted yes. I don't use the web interface right now, I prefer the GUI or
the telnet interface. But I used it in the past, and it was quite bad.
However, I must say that it has been enhanced a lot, it actually looks
very nice.

But I also have to admit that the html_mods is just *beautiful*.

I'd like to thank the developpers for the enhancements done in the
GUI/web/telnet interfaces, by the way. They look better and better with
every new version.

> 4. make mldonkey-win32-mingw binary, with installer (NSIS maybe?), icon
> linked to exe, and "hide to system tray" function.
> Maybe even prefs editing gui directly in mldonkey.exe ?

I don't use windows, so I don't have an opinion on this subject :P

Greetings,

Sergio