Re: [Mldonkey-users] feature requests: disconnect client after full chun

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] feature requests: disconnect client after full chunk; change client md4 every 24h
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:41:34 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> It's an easy task with perl from the commandline:
>
> perl -pi -e 's/ยท*client_md4.*//' downloads.ini

This is with mldonkey stopped, otherwise this change will be ignored (and
wiped in no more than save_options_delay seconds ;)

This could be done by adding a

00 00 * * * /path/to/mldonkey/mldonkey_command set client_md4 = "blabla"

line to your crontab, but I'm not sure if the client_md4 can be changed
while mldonkey is running.

If a restart is needed, then the solution of generating a new md4 every n
hours is worse than the problem.

As it has been stated, you *might* be attacked by a md4 faking client, and
loose some credits. But if you fight this by generating a new md4 and
restarting mldonkey every n hours, you definitely *will* loose sources
(and by restarting, you will loose connection to good servers, rehash
time, etc.)

Greetings,

Sergio