Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Idea: limiting the port rnage mldonkey uses

From: Nacho Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Idea: limiting the port rnage mldonkey uses
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:54:33 +0100

  Thanks for the reply Carl,

On jue, 20 feb 2003, address@hidden wrote:
>  Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:13:07PM +0100, Nacho Ruiz wrote:
> >   And there is any way to monitor the traffic in K/s ?
> >

> The short answer is to use the mldonkey monitor itself.
> It isn't entirely accurate, but it does give a feel for the raw
> upload and download traffic.

  which monitor? vd command?

> A second way to do this (Linux) is to use iptraf.  It will also
> show miscellaneous traffic (like mldonkey queue chatter).
>
> A third is to count raw packets and bytes using iptables
> chain counters.  This is the technique advocated in the
> previous email.  If you send all of the edonkey traffic
> (matched by port, or by packet owner) to a dummy iptables chain,
> the chain will do all of the work by keeping an internal count.

  I tried this, but the internal count isn't accumulative? I want to know
  the actual transfer rate, to pass the results to, i.e., mrtg.

  $IPT -N mld
  $IPT -A mld -j ACCEPT

  $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4661:4664 -j mld
  $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 12576 -j mld

  $IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 4661:4664 -j mld
  $IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 12576 -j mld

  then you can parse the output of the command
  iptables -nL -v -x | grep mld

  and get the bytes from the second column to get the INPUT traffic and the
  OUTPUT traffic..but I think thise bytes are the accumulative count of the
  transfer rates, not the actual Kb/s...

--
Nacho Ruiz - mailto:address@hidden - EChM#2311
iSOCO http://www.isoco.com  +34 935677200