Re: [Mingw-users] Re: make'ing make-3.18beta4 under mingw/msys - "undefi

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: make'ing make-3.18beta4 under mingw/msys - "undefined reference to `sleep'"
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:51:24 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that you built the MinGW port of Make by
> running "./configure; make" from the shell's prompt?  If so, then
> that's not how you should do it.  Instead, run the build_w32.bat batch
> file from cmd.exe, like this:
>
>     build_w32 gcc
>
> (The file README.W32 explains this, I think.)

Maybe, but under MSYS, MinGW builds are supposed to be accomplished
by using a conventional

      ./configure && make

incantation.  This ugly kludge ...

> Make sure you delete config.h before you do this, so that
> build_w32.bat will copy config.h.W32 to config.h and use that.

should not be necessary for MSYS users, IMNSHO.

> If I build the MinGW port with build_w32.bat, I don't have any
> problems.

You will, if you try to run *.bat files under MSYS; they simply do
not live there, in any natural sense; (however,

      start cmd.exe //c build_w32 ...

might work).

Regards,
Keith.