lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching google in basic html with lynx.

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching google in basic html with lynx.
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't have persistent cookies on lynx, and the gmail login page
> requires javascript.

That does not match my experience.  Maybe it's because my work account
is already set up to use the basic HTML view, but unless it's changed
in the last week or so I've been able to log in fine without JS.

This is not to gmail proper, though, but to a small-company mail system
hosted on Google's infrastructure.  I don't know whether that
distinction makes any difference here.

They _do_, annoyingly, send me a mail each time I log in incorrectly
claiming that I've logged in from a new Linux device - no, it's the
same Linux device I've been using for years.  But that is a minor
annoyance as compared to having to use their webmail at all (which I
have to because they claim my mail fetcher is too insecure, as if that
weren't my choice to make - and without, of course, any indication what
they consider secure enough, what hoops they would want my client to
jump through before they'd let me fetch mail with it).

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse@rodents-montreal.org