lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching google in basic html with lynx.

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching google in basic html with lynx.
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 01:30:51 -0700

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2021, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> >
> > Sharing this, in case it helps others.

Zachary Lee Andrews replied:

> Am I missing something, the only thing I see in your message is a gmail
> URL that doesn't work...

Right, gmail URLs are per-person.  mail.google.com/mail/u/0 is the
mailbox of *your* primary logged-in google ID.  For anyone else, that
URL means 'the message with this hash key in *my* mailbox', which is
vanishingly unlikely to exist; and if it did, it wouldn't be the same
message anyway.

If you want to forward text out of a gmail message, you need to forward
the text, not a gmail URL...

>Bela<

PS: apologies to Zachary for mistakenly sending 1st copy of this to him