Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 18:57:45 +0100

Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> writes:

> If you read again my posts, you will find the core specification, with
> a specific word, since the very first posts of this thread, not at a
> random place. And I repeated it several times. The magic word is:
> *template*.

That's a buzzphrase that doesn't concern _what_ you want to do but _how_
you want to get it done.

In essence you are complaining that you do not see a proper "On" switch
on an axe and you consider it a hack to move the axe towards wood rather
than move the wood to the cutting device.

People on this list are helpful and try telling you how to get the job
done using LilyPond, but your problem is that you do not want to get the
job done using LilyPond's way.  You want to be able to work in the
manner you prefer.  That's a more squishy goal than just getting the
work done, at least for anyone who isn't you.  And by just calling
everyone's offer at a solution "wrong" by the solution being not what
you want from the way the code looks rather than the way the results
look, there is a lot of exasperation in consequence.

You need to accept that your wish to do things in a certain manner is
not something others will automatically figure out just by repeatedly
hearing in essence "no, that's wrong".  You will need to more actively
participate in defining what will and what will not be a manner of
arriving at a page layout that you deem acceptable.

--
David Kastrup