Re: Combine these segments for same score

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Combine these segments for same score
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:57:37 +0100

> You are close to what I need to help thank you very much. I am not talking
> about what Kieren said in the lilybin that's mere simple combining parts
> into score file that's basic. I mean this so called segment handling that
> people on the list have mentioned time and time. Kieren Trevor B Urs and
> more. They always use segments if the "SCORE" is a large piece to savve on
> compiling time that's all I mean. Not combining parts <<>> but rather
> stringing along together in sequence segments not simultaneous. Is therer
> any documentation on this because I sure cannot locate segment sequence
> anywhere except mailing list where these users suggest it for large pieces.
> Thank you for helping and I am sorry I was not clear :(

I may be misunderstanding what you’re after but there are no such things as
segments in LP other than the already mentioned concatenation of stuff.

Just guessing but could the segments you are referring to actually have been
just parts (manually) enabled/disabled for compiling? With segment being a
synonym for part?

As I said, just guessing

Kind regards
Michael