Re: Combine these segments for same score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Combine these segments for same score
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 11:58:15 -0500

Hi Reggie,

> I am not talking about what Kieren said in the lilybin that's mere simple
> combining parts into score file

You apparently missed the fact that I concatenated two halves of each part
(violin and cello) and recombined them later. (*IN ADDITION*, I combined them
simultaneously.)

I took segments of a violin part and combined them to make a whole part —
whether or not you realized it, that demonstrated exactly the problem what you
were trying to solve.

Just to make it explicit, I broke the two scores up: http://lilybin.com/mkleo5/3

Warning: You may find Lilypond difficult to work with if you don’t have the
wherewithal to take simple examples (q.v. the first version I provided on
Lilybin, as well as hundreds of similar examples in the docs and elsewhere on
the web) and combine and/or extrapolate them to solve the exact problem(s) you
want (q.v. the version now on Lilybin).

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer