Re: Combine these segments for same score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Combine these segments for same score
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:45:56 -0500

Hi Reggie,

> That does not help and work.

It works for me. Maybe you didn’t implement the suggestion correctly?

> What are we to do if we have a full orchestra score with many staffs and
> divisis
> how do we create the big score file including segmentation?

I have written pieces for 54 staves (including divisi) and 200+ measures. It
does take a while to compile (several minutes), but the code design is simple,
and works as expected.

> Can you describe how a big piece works for segment?

1. Create individual variables for each instrument. If necessary, break
variables down into smaller variables to be recombined in the score. (n.b. I
have never needed to break down variables because of size restrictions — only
for single-player-multi-instrument switching purposes).

2. Recombine them in the score, using {} if the segments are sequential and
<<>> if the segments are simultaneous.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer