Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 17:28:21 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 15.05.2021 um 17:15 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
> <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> > > 64-bit, right? This sounds nifty.
> >
> > Yes, all 64-bit. For macOS, it's x86_64 only and not arm64 (Apple M1).
> > I'm optimistic that it should work with the same approach, but I have
> > to use GitHub Actions because I don't have access to a suitable macOS
> > otherwise, and as far as I know they don't have that type of machines
> > yet...
>
> So we would depend on Microsoft (via Github) for everything except
> Windows support?

Ehm no, the Linux and FreeBSD binaries come from local VMs (and for
completeness: I compiled the mingw packages on my Arch Linux). I'm
using GitHub Actions only because I currently don't have any other
means to compile for macOS, I certainly don't want to use GitHub for
producing "official" binaries, and we're no way near that right now.

(Marnen registered his machine on MacStadium in the name of the
LilyPond project, and while I did get an account on that system some
weeks ago it's running OS X 10.10 (wasn't even called macOS back then)
which is so old that it cannot open a HTTPS connection to GitHub or
many other sites to download dependencies...)