Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 14:40:44 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 16.05.2021 um 13:58 +0200 schrieb Thomas Morley:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> many thanks for your hard work!
>
> I'm testing with Linux 64-bit after having done GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1
> One thing I stumpled across by accident was:
>
> \version "2.22.1"
>
> \relative c'' {
>   bes4^"ऌ"
> }
>
> With this example it's a lot, up to 25%, slower than with vanilla lilypond.

Not sure if I understand you: Is Guile 2.2 25% slower than LilyPond
with Guile 1.8 or the other way around? On my system, I see 0.7 seconds
for Guile 1.8 and 0.6 seconds with Guile 2.2 (after compiling the
bytecode). Keep in mind that the times are very short, so the results
might vary a lot from run to run...

Jonas