Re: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:02:20 -0500

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 3:36 PM Kieren MacMillan <
kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> The app/site *must* allow entry of notes using either a MIDI keyboard or a
> "Quick Entry" (mouse-click) type UI; drag-and-drop would obviously be a
> bonus, but is hardly necessary.
>

> in a “perfect” world, the students wouldn’t even see the .ly code.

I'm understanding this use case wants...

* No-code GUI music entry
* Runs in a web browser
* Allows collaborative editing

Many of the Git websites would have ways to collaboratively edit LilyPond
code, without needing to know very much about Git.

The Denemo project has lots of efforts for entering music without much
LilyPond coding.

LilyBin and Hacklily are the leaders for in-browser LilyPond work.

Combining all of this, though... I'm having trouble imagining what
"collaborative editing" would look like in a "No-code GUI." Something like
PDF commenting? Has anything like that ever been seen in the LilyPond
ecosystem? Paolo Prete's Spontini-Editor might be the closest thing I can
remember.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA