Re: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:40:08 -0400

Hi Jean,

> If that aspect is more important than GUI note entry, another option
> would be to host an OverLeaf instance on your college's server
> (see https://github.com/overleaf/overleaf), install LilyPond
> and the lyLuaTeX package there, and use with LuaLaTeX.

This thread has been a real eye-opener for me — I’m just now really learning
about OverLeaf, VSLilyPond, etc.

It’s even more clear to me now: If we could put together a turnkey installation
package of OverLeaf + Lilypond + lyLuaLaTeX, and was able to provide a
"code-free" GUI for collaboratively editing (even up to a "certain level" of
sophistication), we’d have as "killer" an app as the music engraving industry
can have right now. I personally know a half-dozen music schools, and at least
one [small] publisher, where I could get such a thing installed a few days
after it was stable.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)