Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 17:51:58 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 21.10.2020, 17:35 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Some things I noticed after looking at
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/changes/index.fr.html:
>  - I'd put a few items into a section "Input file improvements":
>    * "All input languages (\language statement) can be entered using
> their proper UTF-8 spelling"
>    * "The \partcombine command [...] are now written with a capital C"
>    * Change of relative-include
>    * Unicode filenames on Windows
>  - "Fret-diagrams may now be printed left-handed" probably belongs to
> "Unfretted and fretted string instrument improvements"?
>
> A few more general thoughts:
>  - There are two entries about skylines taking rotation into account?
>  - Some SVG changes were already part of 2.20 (output-classic-
> framework, -dclip-systems, -dcrop).
>
> I think we need an English version that we can all take a look at and
> iterate on.

I just pushed a reordered version of the English changes.tely to
stable/2.22, compiled HTML version attached.

In addition to the items quoted above, I made the following changes
compared to the French version (I hope this helps with translation):
 - CSS-style colors are in Output improvements
 - \compressFullBarRests is mentioned in Input file improvements, as it
was a pure renaming without change in functionality AFAICT (similar to
\partCombine already listed above)
 - Fermata changes are in Expressive mark improvements, corresponding
to the structure in NR

Other than that, I kept the structure which corresponds to 2.20 but
used @subsubheading's instead of @strong.

Please comment :)
Jonas