Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:35:18 +0200

Hi,

sorry, I forgot to reply here...

Am Samstag, den 17.10.2020, 10:15 +0200 schrieb Jean-Charles
Malahieude:
> Le 16/10/2020 à 20:21, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > Am Freitag, den 16.10.2020, 20:01 +0200 schrieb Jean-Charles
> > Malahieude:
> > >
> > > I should have finished and sent fr.po to the FTP over the week-end.
> > > I'll group the fetching once a week in a MR to master.
> >
> > I wonder if the translated po files should go via master or directly to
> > stable/2.22: lilypond.pot will be updated with the next unstable
> > releases (should that be necessary). But I don't mind either way,
> > shouldn't pose big problems...
> >

> I think po files tagged 2.21.7 should go in both 2.22 and master at the
> same time and, if later amended because of changes in lilypond.pot,
> cherry-picked into master.

Yes, makes sense for translations based on 2.21.7.

> > > I've tried to keep this grouping for the French version, hoping to have
> > > correctly qualified the entries…
> >
> > Your chance to group the English version the same and make it "correct"
> > by definition :-D
> >

> I'll appreciate anybody first checking I've not not affected a wrong
> category.

Some things I noticed after looking at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/changes/index.fr.html:
 - I'd put a few items into a section "Input file improvements":
   * "All input languages (\language statement) can be entered using
their proper UTF-8 spelling"
   * "The \partcombine command [...] are now written with a capital C"
   * Change of relative-include
   * Unicode filenames on Windows
 - "Fret-diagrams may now be printed left-handed" probably belongs to
"Unfretted and fretted string instrument improvements"?

A few more general thoughts:
 - There are two entries about skylines taking rotation into account?
 - Some SVG changes were already part of 2.20 (output-classic-
framework, -dclip-systems, -dcrop).

I think we need an English version that we can all take a look at and
iterate on (I live in France since a few weeks, but I certainly don't
know all the French terms for music notation!). Would you be able to
come up with an initial proposal based on your work on the French
version and the above items?

Regards
Jonas