Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: stable/2.22 has branched; master is 2.23.0
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 20:21:24 +0200

Am Freitag, den 16.10.2020, 20:01 +0200 schrieb Jean-Charles
Malahieude:
> Le 16/10/2020 à 19:41, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I created stable/2.22 as discussed and the situation is as follows:
> > * b7c2bc5feb (origin/master) Reset Changes document for next cycle
> > * 7f0bb931c3 Bump VERSION to 2.23.0 for next cycle
> > > * 8a58e932f8 (origin/stable/2.22) ci: Build branch on push
> > > * b63a51f52f (origin/translation) Bump VERSION to 2.21.80 for release
> > > candidates
> > > /
> > *   b5de5719b7 Merge branch 'translation' into master
> >
> > So master is 2.23.0 and usual development can resume, with the pleading
> > to avoid disruptive changes that make picking harder than necessary.
> > Fixes should also go to master and I'll pick them to the branch. If you
> > really need to do that, please use 'git cherry-pick -x' to record the
> > original hash.
> >

> Thanks, Jonas!
>
> I should have finished and sent fr.po to the FTP over the week-end.
> I'll group the fetching once a week in a MR to master.

I wonder if the translated po files should go via master or directly to
stable/2.22: lilypond.pot will be updated with the next unstable
releases (should that be necessary). But I don't mind either way,
shouldn't pose big problems...

> > translation builds on stable/2.22 and must only be merged there.
> > Attempting a merge into master should give conflicts in VERSION, but
> > please don't try at home ;-)
> >
> > In the past releases, the Changes document was grouped into subheadings
> > instead of a list. If anyone volunteers this time, please speak up.
> >

> I've tried to keep this grouping for the French version, hoping to have
> correctly qualified the entries…

Your chance to group the English version the same and make it "correct"
by definition :-D

Jonas