Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:07:25 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter (et al.),

> I am amazed what kind of discussion is raised on this topic :)

Me, too. Maybe we should have international music engraving conferences more
often than once every 20 years…  ;)

> I'd suggest alternative commands to create something
> like an XQuery/CSS/whatever functionality.

+1

> To have the possibility to address contexts *like* in CSS has some
> appeal. But IMHO it shouldn't disturb the current input scheme.

+1

> If the ID is a string (or symbol) the path can be easily constructed
> with ly:context-parent. Something like:

Nice!
(Aside: Now that I’ve gotten past my Schemenangst, I look at that code and
immediately see how it works and its potential uses and extensions.)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info