Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:37:30 +0100

Dan Eble <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jan 21, 2020, at 14:20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Notation borrowed directly from them will not integrate well
>>> into LilyPond, but it might be fruitful to ask how we could modify
>>> expressions like these to fit in.
>> The syntax appears not to be a good match to LilyPond even though the
>> concept may be considered fitting.
>
> I'm glad you agree.

StaffGroup = "organ" . Staff = "upper" . Voice . SubVoice = 2
#'((StaffGroup . organ) (Staff . upper) Voice (SubVoice . 2))

Does this give us a hook into making \set, \override and/or \tempo a
music function in the long run?  Less than sure about that.
Particularly \tempo appears rather tricky.

--
David Kastrup