Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:59:18 +0000

Comment #123 on issue 2148 by address@hidden: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals

Regarding comment #119, putting this patch on countdown: I would want to schedule this patch series for 2.17.1: the reason is that 2.17.0 appears quite desirable as a somewhat reliable testbed for several changes that are too late for 2.16.0 (as I don't want to further delay the schedule for 2.16.0) but should make it into 2.16.1. If we put large-scale changes in 2.17.0, we don't get a good way for testing.

We should, however, strive to get this change into a form where it can be merged right after 2.17.0 is released. The state of the branch, as far as I could see it, is really quite chaotic, so it would make code quite intractable to merge it without rebasing. The true history of the branch is not really interesting; the change should be split into logical commits on top of master. Rietveld is not really helpful for reviewing this kind of multi-commit work.

I can offer to try a rebase of this branch on current master, with the aim of having the commit series lead to an equivalent work tree state. However, I don't know whether this largely historic list of commits will be a good basis for creating a logical commit series. But it is likely worth a try.

So in a nutshell: I'd first like to see the diff organized into a good commit series, and then put it on countdown for 2.17.1, meaning that it goes Patch-push right after 2.17.0 is released, and that is scheduled to occur right after 2.16.0.

Can you work with that schedule?