Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:51:29 +0000

Comment #115 on issue 2148 by address@hidden: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals

Hey all,

The most recent patch set implements more intelligent padding to avoid cases like comment 113.

The problem now is that padding could be more intelligent. For example, you'll see that in the regtest comparison, midi-pedal.ly changes because the "d" of "tre corde" is too close to the Sostenuto marking, which shifts the Sostenuto down. This has to do with how padding is currently implemented: it is tacked on as a sort of bubble around objects before measurements are taken and not a posteriori. This prevents things from being too snug but has the disadvantage of causing certain things that were not formerly collisions to now be treated as such. I'm not sure of a good way to fix this for now...it'd require more sophisticated notions of padding. All suggestions are welcome. It only comes up in this regtest (from what I can see) and it solves problems like that in comment 113.

Attachments:
        midi-pedal.png  6.6 KB