Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:31:50 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #119 on issue 2148 by address@hidden: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals

I would like this patch to go on the countdown for a couple reasons:

1) 2.17 is here and I'd like to get it out to a broader audience of testers ASAP.
2) All of the visual problems in the regtests are gone.

I'd like people who have a bit of time to test this out on real scores to see if there are problems. I believe that all of the problems signaled by Keith and Janek in their scores are now fixed.

Joe is still doing some optimization work on the Skylines but none of that will have an impact on the visual results - it'll speed things up and make the code cleaner. My instinct is to push the work that's here first and optimize later - now that the regtests look good, it'll be easier to spot if optimization work has a bearing on the visual output.