libextractor

Re: [libextractor] Not showing meta information

From: Peter Muhr
Subject: Re: [libextractor] Not showing meta information
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 01:06:49 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I investigated a little further and on debian lenny the only way it
installs for me is this:

apt-get install libpoppler-dev g++ wget

  cd /usr/local/
  mkdir temp
  cd temp

  wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.2.6b.tar.gz
  wget http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/libextractor/libextractor-0.6.0.tar.gz

  tar xfvz libtool-2.2.6b.tar.gz
  cd libtool-2.2.6b
  ./configure
  make
  make install

  cd ..

  tar xfvz libextractor-0.6.0.tar.gz
  cd libextractor-0.6.0
  ./configure --with-ltdl-lib=/usr/local/lib/
  make
  make install

  cd ..

  ldconfig

  export LIBEXTRACTOR_PREFIX=/usr/local/lib/libextractor

===========

If I don't configure with --with-ltdl-lib, I get an error when doing make.
error: ../../libltdl/ltdl.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

If I don't do ldconfig it says:
errors while loading shared libraries: libextractor.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I I don't do export LIBEXTRACTOR_PREFIX I get no output at all.

I still can't use extract -b option since it shows only "%BibTeX - File" and
no keywords. Without any options like
extract dmca.pdf
it works like expected.

Well, I hope this quick install guide can help other people.

Best regards,
Peter