libextractor

Re: [libextractor] Not showing meta information

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libextractor] Not showing meta information
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:37:42 +0200

On Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:19:21 am Peter Muhr wrote:
> I installed on a clean system, but now I get no output at all. Here is what
> I did:
>
> apt-get install libpoppler-dev
> apt-get install g++
>
> wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.2.6b.tar.gz
>
> tar xfvz libtool-2.2.6b.tar.gz
> ./configure
> Make
> Make install
>
> wget http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/libextractor/libextractor-0.6.0.tar.gz
>
> tar xfvz libextractor-0.6.0.tar.gz
> ./configure
> Make
> Make install
>
> Extract dmca.pdf -> Didn’t find shared library
>
> Ldconfig
>
> Extract now works but not getting any output (metainformation) for pdf or
> whatever files.
>
> Plugins seem to be installed in /usr/local/lib/libextractor

I don't think "Didn’t find shared library" is the precise output (and that
does not help diagnosis here) and I'm not sure that you are running the
correct 'extract' binary.  What do you get if you type

$ which extract

and

$ extract -v

Also, try this (and exactly this, and please report the exact output, not your
interpretation thereof):

$ ldd -r /usr/local/lib/libextractor/libextractor_pdf.so
$ export LIBEXTRACTOR_PREFIX=/usr/local
$ /usr/local/bin/extract dmca.pdf
$ /usr/bin/extract -v
$ /usr/local/bin/extract -v