Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:34:01 +0100

Hi,

> If nothing else it would
> prevent someone like me from turning this into an "and 0xffff.

Ok. Now acknowleged as official pitfall and avoided.

You will have to correct the statement in doc/cd-text-format.texi:
"residue of the polynomial division is zero extended in the upper bits"

When evaluating the appropriateness of libburn's cdtext.txt, please keep
in mind that we have no other publicly available technical specification
of CD-TEXT. Completeness and exactness are its main goal.
It should be readble and avoid misunderstandings, of course. At least as
much as MMC or ECMA-119.

Your description is taking it one step further and aims to inform a user
about CD-TEXT and its use cases. As said, i am watching with interest
and hope to take profit.
It seems about time that you add yourself to @author and copyright.
I dumped the knowledge collection, you bring it in shape.
Still lots to shuffle.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas