Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:23:42 +0100

Hi,

> http://jbum.com/cdg_revealed.html

Very interesting. (Very very pre-MMC, too.)

The graphics protocol reminds me of my first self-implemented pixel graphics
on a VIC-20.
It has nothing to do with CD-TEXT, except that it has to fit into the
same kind of 24 x 6 bit packets. It would be suitable to fill a few MB.
So its use in the program area makes sense.

Consider to fork a node "CD+G" from "CD Text". Both are only related
by the fact that they use the subchannels R to W for storing data.

Looking at the commit diff of cd-text.texi:

Here you altered the technical statement:

   Pack type @kbd{0x87} (Genre Identification) contains 2 binary bytes,
  -followed by 0-terminated text.  The two bytes constitute a 16-bit
  -Big-endian number are decoded as follows:
  +followed by an ASCII NUL.  For category associated with Big-endian 16-bit
  +value is given see @ref{table:categories}.

The NUL comes after the text which describes a sub-genre. You removed the
mentioning of this text.
(The sentence "For category ..." looks somehwat ill, too.)

-----

  -Pack type @kbd{0x89} is yet quite unclear. It might be a representation
  +Pack type @kbd{0x89} (Second Table of Contents) not yet clear.

The verb "is" seems to be missing.