Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 17:59:58 +0100

Hi,

> > http://web.ncf.ca/aa571/cdtext.htm

> And this source is as wrong as Wikipedia is.

> According to the Sony Tool Docs (DOC08), the whole CD-TEXT size should
> not be bigger than 9216 and must not exceed 36864 bytes. This includes

Yep.
We have restrictions by pack format (and not by storage loacation):
- Payload (including trailing zeros):
    absolute max 24288, max 6072 recommended, 3036 max per language
- Total pack array size:
    absolute max 36864, max 9216 recommended, 4608 max per language

> Program Area CD-TEXT is always mentioned but was as far as I know never
> implemented. Imho mentioning it is just confusing.

Well, if one wants to store graphics then one will probably need more
room than the lead-in provides. But this can hardly happen in the
framework of the CD-TEXT format.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas