Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-TEXT documentation
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:17:28 +0100

Hi,

> I had looked on the Wayback  as well and couldn't find it. Do you have an
> exact URL?

My own endeavor is described in the archives
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2011-11/msg00030.html
you then reported that it worked for you
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2011-11/msg00031.html
Actually i got the substantial impression you have cdtext.zip
somewhere.

> I'd prefer if we could find and use freely available docs.

At least for SCSI, this is not easy. If there still are copies around,
then i would not advertise them loudly. The exposer could get into trouble.

> I would prefer not to put any pressure or advertising for non-free
> documents.

That's why i still refer to the formerly publicly available drafts.
The URLs now deliver PDFs which inform about the policy change of T10.
(At least they did when i first was pointed to the change.)

The old URL resp. filename should enable interested people to start
their own search for the docs in the web.

All relevant information out of MMC has been mentioned in my cdtext.txt.
So the references to MMC are mainly to help finding the source of my
statements, not for getting more detailed information. (At least if i was
not too sloppy.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas