javaweb-people

[Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?
Date: 31 Jan 2002 13:57:03 +0000

I think that our code style for Java looks like this:

class X
  extends Y
  implements Z
{

  static Vector myVec;

  static
  {
    // Do some init.
  }

  int instanceVariable = 0;

  public abstract void lotsOfArgs (int a, int b, int c, int d, String a,
                                   String b, String c, String d);

  public void someMethod (int a, Type t)
    throws ExceptionA
  {
    if (a < 1)
      throw new ExceptionA;
    else
      {
        try
          {
            while (t.hasMoreElements())
              {
                Object o = t.nextThing().thingOperation();
                String s = ((MyObj) o).getString();
                System.out.println("hello there " + s + " this is the best"
                                   + "way forward: " + instanceVariable);
              }
          }
        catch (Exception e)
          {
          }
        finally
          {
          }
      }
   }

  class InnerB
    extends C
  {
    public InnerB ()
    {
      // Constructor.
    }

  }
}

If everyone's agreed then I'll start thinking about how to update
indent.

If not we'll go on discussing it till we are agreed!

Nic