Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - I get it.

From: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - I get it.
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:30:10 -0400

> > I tried that variation yesterday and it didn't work.  The reason seems
> > to be that cygwin1.dll depends on a slew of other DLLs and I didn't
> > want to worry about putting potentially all of them in the same
> > directory as my executable.
>
> Quite strange, it depends on two windows system DLLs for me
> (advapi32.dll and kernel32.dll). I guess you can assume that
> these are present on a windows system.
>
> I have checked both with objdump and dependency walker.

I check both of these ways as well and got the same results as you.
The problem didn't manifest until I tried to run the program from the
Windows cmd window.  Even with cygigraph-0.dll and cygwin1.dll
in the same directory, the program didn't run; instead, a warning
popped up that said several dynamic libraries I'd never heard of
couldn't be found.  I can't conveniently double check all that right
now, since I've got everything built to compile without cygwin finally,
but that is the best of my recollection from yesterday's zillionth
iteration. :)

Mark