Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - again.

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - again.
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:43:05 +0000

Well, I guessed that you meant:
./configure CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin CXXFLAGS=-mno-cygwin
make
Yes, sorry about that. (By the way, it's also fine if you write the variable assignments _before_ ./configure, these set the environment variables only for the next command, contrary to the usual case of "export CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin CXXFLAGS=-mno-cygwin" which set them for the lifetime of the shell).

Unfortunately, I now get the following compilation error:
[...]
In file included from foreign-graphml.c:34:
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/encoding.h:28:19: iconv.h: No such file or directory
Hmmm... I think Cygwin uses a different include and library path when you use -mno-cygwin and I guess that the iconv and libxml2 headers are installed only in the "main" include path but not in the directory used when compiling with -mno-cygwin. This might be because the libxml2 and iconv versions you have also depend on Cygwin's DLLs. You might try an alternative version of libxml2 and iconv (not the one shipped with Cygwin). I think these are the ones I used some time ago to compile igraph:

http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html

Obviously you have to adjust the include and library paths accordingly; i.e., you can try:

./configure CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin CXXFLAGS=-mno-cygwin -I/cygdrive/c/ wherever/you/put/libxml2/include -L/cygdrive/c/wherever/you/put/ libxml2/lib

Alternatively, you can simply disable GraphML support in igraph which gets rid of the dependency on libxml2 and iconv:

./configure --disable-graphml CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin CXXFLAGS=-mno-cygwin