RE: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Michael L. Metts
Subject: RE: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:54:12 -0800

Oh.  My log made it to you.  It bounced for someone.  I’ll dig some more tomorrow.  As far as I know, I have qt5 and no qt4 – I don’t really know them from a hole in the ground.  Below are rpm checks.  Can qt4 and qt5 coexist?

address@hidden build]$ rpm -qa | grep qscin

qscintilla-2.8-1.el7.x86_64

qscintilla-devel-2.8-1.el7.x86_64

address@hidden build]$ rpm -qa | grep qt

qtwebkit-2.3.4-6.el7.x86_64

qt-devel-4.8.5-13.el7.x86_64

qt5-rpm-macros-5.6.1-10.el7.noarch

qt-x11-4.8.5-13.el7.x86_64

qt5-qtbase-devel-5.6.1-10.el7.x86_64

qt5-qtbase-5.6.1-10.el7.x86_64

qt5-qtbase-gui-5.6.1-10.el7.x86_64

qt5-qtbase-common-5.6.1-10.el7.noarch

qt-4.8.5-13.el7.x86_64

qtwebkit-devel-2.3.4-6.el7.x86_64

qt-settings-19-23.5.el7.noarch

There is no excellent beauty that hath not

some strangeness in the proportion.  - F. Bacon -