Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Michael Metts
Subject: Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 13:16:54 -0800

hey Mike.  if i SU to root and run ./run-octave it seems to work just fine -
i.e. command window is NOT blank with black dots.  i’m still trying to figure
out what the difference is.  where does Octave hide user settings?  for
instance, when i ran it as root it gave me the intro screens.  when run it as
myself it doesn’t not.  i’m wondering if there’s some old file that i should
erase.  all i found in ~/ was .octave_hist …

i’m happy to open a bug report too.  i tried comparing the results of env >
myenv side by side to see if there’s something funny about root vs. me …
nothing i didn’t already know about or expect.  i’ll keep digging.