Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Michael Metts
Subject: Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:24:28 -0800

So I downloaded 4.2.1 from the ftp site and built it.  the build was clean but
when i say ./run-octave get a command window that’s full of black dots.  when
type, the characters are invisible.  if i press enter, the command is executed
and appears in the command history pane but the command window itself is just a
sea of black dots.  if i clear it, i can see the cursor to the top but all the
dots are just as they were.  so close and yet so far.  i’ll run the make tests
but i wonder if there’s something else i’m missing here.