Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:07:02 -0500

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 19, 2012, at 9:09 PM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
  <snip>
>One would like it to open in a default directory like the
> users Documents directory, or at least in the directory it was in when
> you last used it.

You can use the "cd" command to specify the startup directory in the ~/.octaverc file.

last I checked, the Windows MinGW build has the following line at the end of the .octaverc file, which defaults startup to the users home folder. (C:/Users/username for Win Vista/7, I think it's C:/Documents and Settings/username for XP)

cd(getenv('USERPROFILE'))

I always comment this line out, and set a windows shortcut with no 'start in' location so that it starts wherever the shortcut is located. then i drop an Octave shortcut at the root of any project folder i'm working in. maybe a bit cumbersome, but it works for me.

nickj.