Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:48:04 -0800 (PST)

>________________________________

[snip]

>how would a user intuitively know the name of one numerical integration
>function is quad... he wouldn't.
[snip]
>Alright, guess it's time to get to work now.
>
>Nick J.

That's the funniest part so far. I mean, how does a user from GUI can know that
"the name of one numerical integration function is quad" ?

As I said, and I reiterate: those who don't bother to RTFM _first_ do _not_
deserve to deal with science/engineering.

Aversion to reading/learning almost definitely means possessing it can't do the
engineering/science work.

The CLI and its concepts are _far_ simpler than serious thing in
engineering/science.

There _exist_ entry barriers. E.g. pilots _first_ learn math, physics,
aerodynamics, and only _then_ how to pilot planes.

The barriers exist for _very_ good reasons.

Regards,
  Sergei.