Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 04:22:25 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

[snip]
> Finally we figured out we should download another program called
> "notepad++."  (I also found out how to change a windows setting, but I
> honestly don't remember what it was.)  All of this took valuable time,
> which should be spent understanding matrices, and understanding basic
> matlab/octave commands.

[snip]
> Stephen

So, instead of spending time on writing a GUI Octave developers and packagers
better _package_ Octave with Notepad++ and with a decent terminal emulator for
Windows (PuTTY ? - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/), and
some .bat file which "glues" all this together and changes the necessary
settings.

Regards,
  Sergei.