Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:03:19 -0500

On 20 December 2012 09:49, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Frankly, Octave is a beautiful piece of work, but  it suffers from
> the Open Source mentality that you need to earn what you use.

Octave isn't deliberately difficult to use on Mac OS X. It's just that
getting it working there the way you might like is difficult. Here is
the latest effort to try to make it easier to use:

    http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-Coursera-about-Octave-td4647832.html

Mac OS X is a very difficult to system on which to do free
development, I might add.

And, as I said before, there isn't anything "open source" about Octave
except by accident.

- Jordi G. H.