Re: Octave-3.4.0.dmg + XQuartz = broken Octave & Matlab

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave-3.4.0.dmg + XQuartz = broken Octave & Matlab
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 12:03:36 -0400

*** Please REPLY-ALL and respond at the bottom to allow those who arrive late
to follow along ***

On Sep 8, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Miriam Heller wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> *** Please REPLY-ALL and respond at the bottom to allow those who arrive
>> late to follow along ***

>> > Dear Ben,
>> >
>> > Thank you infinitely for responding, starting a debug as well as a new
>> > thread (which I'd love to know how to find). Then I'd put this email in
>> > there.
>> >
>> > I think I ran what you suggested. I think the first command was meant to
>> > pull up a terminal window using. If not please let me know.
>> >
>> > This is what I got:
>> >
>> > Last login: Sat Sep  8 03:25:06 on ttys000
>> > Macintosh-34159e0b8e58:~ MiriamHeller$ run /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
>> > -bash: run: command not found
>>
>> You are already running the Terminal
>>
>> > Macintosh-34159e0b8e58:~ MiriamHeller$ xeyes
>>

>> What happened when your entered "xeyes" ?
>>
>> Ben
>
> Sorry  - I didn't answer your main question (I'm a Team Leaders for the
> election and today is our "Weekend of Action". That is I'm juggling.)
>
> The response was two big cartoon eyes that follow my cursor.
>
> Miriam

Ok. Good.

Looks like your X11 is working, but now have no idea what happened to your
Matlab installation.  You may need to contact Mathworks technical support.

I'll see what can be done to get your Octave running.

Please tell us what version of MacOS X are you running?

*** Please REPLY-ALL and replay below (at the bottom of the email) to allow