Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:03:56 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to help but it appears I've lost sight of what you're wanting
> to accomplish here. Is this now all about the crappy ToS instead of
> the BSD license change?

It was always all about that. I didn't intend to start convincing
people to switch from BSD to GPL. Of course, those who were forced to
a licence switch from GPL to BSD could send us their code under the
original GPL.

> If you've deciding to acknowledge the
> Mathworks ToS, how do you propose to harvest the email addresses in
> the first place?

As I said in my original proposal, I would collect them from the MatlabCentral.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer