Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:05:06 -0500

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to help but it appears I've lost sight of what you're wanting
> to accomplish here. Is this now all about the crappy ToS instead of
> the BSD license change?

Ok. Well I don't think the ToS restricts the actions of the public
browsing the site. Matlab asks you to agree to the ToS when you create
a MatlabCentral account. Login is not required to download the
user-submitted FX content.

> As I said in my original proposal, I would collect them from the
> MatlabCentral.

Let me first say that (as a user) if Mathworks was publicly publishing
my email address, I would have a big problem with them. So, to verify
your claim that you can obtain email addresses from MatlabCentral, I
clicked on the most recent submission in FX. I did not see an email
addresss. I clicked on the author info. I did not see and email
address. I clicked on a link that says "contact author" and I hit a
login screen. I don't have a MatlabCentral account. I don't know
what's behind the login screen. It could be an email or it could be a
web form.

--judd